Dr. Lois A. Groth
PhD, University of Maryland
Elementary Education PK-6
Phone: (703) 993-2139
Fax: (703) 993-2013
Email: lgroth (@gmu.edu)
George Mason University
Thompson Hall 1806
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Dr. Lois Groth is an Associate Professor in the Graduate School of Education. She joined the faculty in January 2000. As a faculty member of the Elementary Education Program, Dr. Groth teaches literacy methods and action research. Dr. Groth is the University Facilitator for the Professional Development Schools at Daniels Run Elementary and Hunters Woods Elementary.
- Early literacy instruction
- Comprehensive literacy programs
- Critical reflection
- Teacher inquiry
Dodman, S., Groth, L.A. , Ra, S., Baker, A., & Ramezan, S. (2017). Developing an inquiry stance through PDS action research: Does it maintain after graduation? Special Themed Issue: School University Partnerships.
Dodman, S. L., Groth, L.A., Fulginiti, K., & Hull, B. (2017). George Mason’s elementary PDS program: Teacher education designed by principles. In R. Flessner & D. R. Lecklider (eds.). Case studies of clinical preparation in teacher education. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Groth, L.A., Parker, A., Parsons, S.A., Sprague, D. Brown, E.L., Baker, C., & Suh, J. (2017). George Mason University’s elementary PDS Program: Embracing innovation. School University Partnerships 10(1) 3-5.
Parsons, S. A., Groth, L. A., Parker, A. K., Brown, E. L., Sell, C. & Sprague, D. (2017). Elementary teacher preparation at George Mason University: Evolution of our program. In R. Flessner, & D. Lecklider (eds.), Case studies of clinical preparation in teacher education. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Assessment and Differentiation (EDCI 545)
- Literacy Teaching and Learning in Diverse Elementary Classrooms I (EDCI 555)
- Literacy Teaching and Learning in Diverse Elementary Classrooms II (EDCI 556)
- Research and Assessment in Elementary Education (EDCI 559)
- Special Topics in Education (EDCI 597)
- Internship in Education (EDCI 790)
- Professional Development in Elementary, Literacy, and Secondary Education (EDPD 502)
- Introduction to Education: Teaching, Learning and Schools (EDUC 200)
- Workshop in Education (EDUC 600)
- Advanced Internship in Education (EDUC 994)
- Children's Literature for Teaching in Diverse Settings (ELED 258)
- Children's Literature for Teaching in Diverse Settings (ELED 358)
- Emergent and Early Literacy (ELED 410)
- Literacy Teaching and Learning in Diverse Elementary Classrooms II (ELED 556)