Phone: (703) 993-6064
Fax: (703) 993-3681
George Mason University
Finley Building 216
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Disability, Family Support, Family-Professional Partnerships, Transition, Adulthood
Haines, S. J., Francis, G. L., & Shepherd, K., Ziegler, M., & Mabika, G. (2017). Partnership bound: Using MAPS with transitioning students and families from all backgrounds. Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals, 1-5. Advanced online release: doi: 10.1177/2165143417698123
Francis, G.L., Fuchs, E., Johnson, A.D., Gordon, S., & Grant, A. (2016). Developing parent-professional partnerships in a postsecondary education program for students with disabilities. Psychology in the Schools, 53(10), 1045–1056.
Aldersey, H.M., Francis, G.L., Chiu, C., & Haines, S.J. (2016). Family quality of life in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities. Advanced online release: doi: 10.1111/jppi.12189
Francis, G.L., Gross, J.M.S., Blue-Banning, M., Haines, S.H., & Turnbull, A.P. (2016). Principals and Parents Achieving Optimal Outcomes: Lessons Learned from Six Inclusive American Schools. Revista Latinoamericana de Inclusión Educativa (Latin American Journal of Inclusive Education), 10(1), 61-77.
Francis, G.L., Blue-Banning, M., Turnbull, A.P, Haines, S.J., & Gross, J.M.S. (2016). The culture of community in inclusive schools: Parental perspectives on family-school partnerships. Education and Training in Autism and Developmental Disabilities, 51(3), 281-293.
Francis, G.L., Blue-Banning, M., Turnbull, A.P, Haines, S.J., & Gross, J.M.S. (2016). Building “our school:” Parental perspectives for building trusting family-professional partnerships. Preventing School Failure: Alternative Education for Children and Youth, 60(4), 329-336.
Courses Taught This Semester
Other Courses Taught
- Interdisciplinary Approach for Children with Sensory and Motor Disabilities (EDSE 469)
- Classroom Management and Applied Behavior Analysis (EDSE 502)
- Transition and Community-Based Instruction (EDSE 531)
- Positive Behavior Supports (EDSE 532)
- Communication and Severe Disabilities (EDSE 534)
- Supporting the Behavior and Sensory Needs of Individuals with Autism (EDSE 620)
- Autism Across the Lifespan: Collaboration with Critical Partners (EDSE 637)
- Interdisciplinary Approach for Children with Sensory and Motor Disabilities (EDSE 669)
- Advanced Internship in Education (EDUC 994)