Phone: (703) 993-5789
Fax: (703) 993-5300
Email: jhathaw2 (@gmu.edu)
George Mason University
Thompson Hall 1604
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Dr. Jennifer I. Hathaway is an Assistant Professor of Education in the College of Education and Human Development at George Mason University. She also serves as the Academic Program Coordinator for Literacy. She teaches elementary reading methods courses for prospective teachers and graduate level courses preparing teachers to serve as Reading Specialists. Her research interests include teachers’ beliefs, literacy coaching, teacher education, and professional development. Jennifer received her Ph.D. at Vanderbilt University in Teaching and Learning with a concentration in Language, Literacy, and Culture after teaching for several years in elementary schools in North Carolina.
- Literacy Teaching and Learning in Diverse Elementary Classrooms I (EDCI 555)
- Facilitating Literacy in School or Community Settings (EDRD 301)
- Literacy Assessments and Interventions for Groups (EDRD 632)
- Literacy Assessments and Interventions for Individuals (EDRD 633)
- School-Based Inquiry in Literacy (EDRD 635)
- Supervised Literacy Practicum (EDRD 637)