Phone: (703) 993-1723
Fax: (703) 993-3678
Email: mpowel11 (@gmu.edu)
George Mason University
West Building 2105
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Marvin G. Powell is an Assistant Professor in the College of Education and Human Development at George Mason University. Powell teaches Ph.D.-level quantitative methods courses, focusing on measurement development and validation, and statistical applications. He conducts research in the assessment of the psychometric properties of educational and psychological instruments using a range of latent trait analyses: structural equation modelling and item response theory. He is also interested researching the use of humor as an andragogic tool in reducing statistical anxiety and increasing statistical self-efficacy in social science students.
- Advanced Topics in Education (EDRS 797)
- Problems and Methods in Education Research (EDRS 810)
- Quantitative Methods in Educational Research (EDRS 811)
- Advanced Applications of Quantitative Methods (EDRS 821)
- Introduction to Measurement and Survey Development (EDRS 827)
- Doctoral Internship in Education (EDUC 890)
- Independent Study for the Doctor of Philosophy in Education (EDUC 897)
- Advanced Internship in Education (EDUC 994)