Phone: (703) 993-1746
Fax: (703) 993-4497
Email: rsatsang (@gmu.edu)
George Mason University
Finley Building 209
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Dr. Rajiv Satsangi is an Assistant Professor of Special Education in the College of Education and Human Development at George Mason University. Dr. Satsangi’s research is focused on studying the use of assistive technology in mathematics to promote procedural and conceptual knowledge through modeling and representational fluency for students with learning disabilities. His current research targets digital-based applications for teaching secondary standards aligned to Algebra 1 and Geometry curricula in inclusionary classrooms. Dr. Satsangi earned his Ph.D. in Special Education from Purdue University and holds a Master of Arts in Teaching degree from Marian University and a Bachelor of Science degree from The Pennsylvania State University. Prior to pursuing his graduate studies, he served as a special education mathematics teacher in the Indianapolis Public School district.
Other Courses Taught
- Adapted Instructional Methods and Transition for Secondary Learners (EDSE 544)
- Secondary Curriculum and Strategies for Students with Disabilities who Access the General Curriculum (EDSE 629)
- Current Issues in Special Education (EDSE 844)
- Independent Study for the Doctor of Philosophy in Education (EDUC 897)
- Advanced Internship in Education (EDUC 994)