Phone: (703) 993-3361
Fax: (703) 993-2013
George Mason University
West Building 2101
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Dr. Penelope M. Earley is a Professor and Director of the Center for Education Policy http://cehd.gmu.edu/centers/edpolicy/. She also teaches graduate courses in education policy and analysis. Dr. Earley serves on advisory boards for the IRIS Project on Faculty Development and ASCD's Research Briefs.
Dr. Earley's undergraduate degree is from the University of Michigan, her Masters in Foundations of Education is from the University of Virginia, and her Ph.D. in Research and Evaluation is from Virginia Tech.
- Teacher education policy
- Federal and state education policy
- Gender equity
- Earley, P. "Searching for the General Welfare in Federal Education Process" in Teaching for Democracy and Social Justice (in press).
- Earley, P. and Laitsch, D. Teacher Education in the News: What the Media Reports, What Teacher Education Leaders Say, and How to Bring the Two Together (2004), AACTE Annual Meeting.
- Earley, P. Analysis of the Secretary of Education's 2003 Report on Teacher Quality: It's Déjà vu All Over Again (2003).
- Earley, P. "Finding the Culprit: Federal Policy and Teacher Education." Educational Policy (January and March 2002).
Mason Courses Taught
- EDUC 870 Education Policy: Process, Context and Politics
- EDUC 871 Advanced Policy Issues in Education
- EDUC 872 Social Science Research and Education Policy
Courses Taught This Semester
Other Courses Taught
- Leadership Seminar (EDUC 802)
- Education Policy: Process, Context, and Politics (EDUC 870)
- Advanced Policy Issues in Education (EDUC 871)
- Social Science Research and Education Policy (EDUC 872)
- Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Education Policy (EDUC 875)
- Teacher Development and Education Policy (EDUC 876)
- Doctoral Internship in Education (EDUC 890)
- Independent Study for the Doctor of Philosophy in Education (EDUC 897)
- Advanced Internship in Education (EDUC 994)