Research Resources and Forms
Mason Research Resources
- Research Development, Integrity, and Assurance
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Office of the Provost
- OSP Glossary & Acronyms
Other Research Resources
- Grantmakers for Education
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Grants for Education
- STEM Funders Network
- NOYCE Foundation
CEHD Seed Grant Application Forms
Responsible Conduct of Research
- The NIH Guidance Document is available here: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-10-019.html.
- The Recent National Academies Report on this topic is available here:https://www.nap.edu/catalog/21896/fostering-integrity-in-research.
- The Office of Research Integrity document that is a primer on RCR is available here: https://ori.hhs.gov/ori-introduction-responsible-conduct-research
- On Being a Scientist is available here: https://www.nap.edu/catalog/12192/on-being-a-scientist-a-guide-to-responsible-conduct-in
- A Scientific Look at Bad Science: What recent research says about fraud, errors, and other dismaying academic problems. The Atlantic.
- George Mason University (Mason) has a developed set of standards for information security for data acquired, generated, maintained, and disposed of by the university. These policies and practices are applicable depending on the category of data involved. Refer to the attached document to assist you in data security boilerplate for research grants.
Books and Articles
- Barnbaum, DR, & Byron, M. (2001). Research Ethics: Text and Readings. Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
- Dade, A, DiBella, S. and Olfason, L. (Eds) (2015). Implementing a Comprehensive Research Compliance Program: A Handbook for Research Officers. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing Inc.
- Emanuel, E, Abduler, E, and Stunkel, L Research Ethics: How to Treat People Who Participate in Research https://www.bioethics.nih.gov/education/pdf/FNIH_BioethicsBrochure_WEB.PDF
- Journal of Philosophy, Science and Law – Special RCR Issue Volume 14, January 30, 2014
- Macrina, FL. (2014). Scientific Integrity: Test and Cases in Responsible Conduct of Research. Fourth Edition. American Society for Microbiology Press, Washington, D.C.
- Office of Research Integrity (ORI). (2011). Facilitator’s Guide: The Lab: Avoiding Research Misconduct. http://ori.hhs.gov/TheLab/TheLabGuide.pdf
- Roig, M. (2009). Avoiding plagiarism, self-plagiarism, and other questionable writing practices: A guide to ethical writing. http://ori.hhs.gov/education/products/roig_st_johns/
- Schaller-Demers, D.S. (2015, Spring). Responsible Conduct of Research: Not Just for Researchers The Journal of Research Administration. Society of Research Administrators, Inc. Volume XLVI. Number 1. P. 63. https://srainternational.org/publications/journal/volume-xlvi-number-1/responsible-conduct-research-not-just-researchers
- Shamoo, AE, Resnick, DB. (2002). Responsible Conduct of Research. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Wood, L. Recent Questions About Responsible Conduct of Research