EdPolicyForward engages in the study and analysis of a wide range of important educational topics including:
- College access and affordability
- Dual enrollment and school-to-college transitions
- Early childhood education
- Education evaluation and assessment
- Educator labor markets
- Educator preparation
- Higher education accountability
- International education
- K-12 accountability
- Online learning
- School accountability
- School finance reform
- School segregation
- STEM education
- Teacher effectiveness
- Teacher leadership
- Teacher mobility
Our research is timely and ground-breaking. We are investigating education policies and phenomena that are of importance to local, state, and national policy makers.
What We’re Working On
Our multidisciplinary approach to education policy research examines issues related to educator labor markets, teacher effectiveness, school finance reform, online learning, school accountability, and more.
- Our work on educator labor markers includes studying educator mobility patterns, educator effectiveness, and the implications for student achievement outcomes.
- In state and national contexts, we investigate high school graduation requirements, student course taking, and the implications for student achievement and attainment.
- Our scholars produce unique research on systems of teacher evaluation and the consequences for student achievement, student behavior, and teacher mobility patterns.
- We examine online learning and credit recovery and the implications for student course taking patterns and academic success.
- We study public perceptions of school accountability systems, school quality, and school choice.