Academic Success Program
Retaining students in our various CEHD programs is a high priority for the College. We are a committed partner in championing efforts that promote student success and academic recovery.
Participation in the Academic Success Program is required for CEHD students who are not in Good Standing with the University and have been placed on academic warning, probation, or suspension. Through the Academic Success Program, students will work closely with the CEHD Advising and Retention Coordinator, Sara Montiel, to develop and realize their academic goals, identify barriers to success, and get connected to campus resources and support services.
Selected students are notified via email prior to the start of each semester about the expectation to participate in the Academic Success Program and how to schedule the initial retention advising appointment.
Students are prohibited from registering for subsequent semesters until they fulfill the requirements of the Academic Success Program.
Schedule an Appointment
Use the scheduling tool below to make an Initial Retention Advising or Follow-up Retention Advising appointment with the CEHD Advising and Retention Coordinator. Be mindful that Initial appointments are typically one-hour, and follow-up appointments are approximately 30 minutes.
Be sure to:
- Complete ALL steps (1-4) on the Academic Success Program form you received via email, including meeting with the Academic Advisor for your program of study, prior to attending your scheduled Initial Retention Advising appointment.
- Bring a printed copy of your Degree Evaluation to the Initial Retention Advising appointment.
Contact Sara Montiel via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (703-993-2078) if you have questions about the Academic Success Program.
How to schedule an appointment with the new student success collaborative:
Sign into SSC with your Mason credentials (net ID and password). If signing on for the first time, click “Accept.”
- Select Schedule an Advising or Registrar Appointment. (blue box)
- Select your college - College of Education and Human Development.
- Select the Service of your choice:
Note: these appointments are for general questions only. If you are interested in transfer of credits or changing of your major, please consult the academic advisor for that program.
- For all questions regarding our graduate programs, select CEHD Grad Admissions Inquiry
- For questions regarding our undergraduate programs, select CEHD Undergrad General Inquiry
- Select your desired appointment time.
- Click confirm appointment.
If no appointments are available, please continue to check back as new times will open up.
If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so through SSC as soon as possible (24 hours minimum notice appreciated) so we may offer that time to another student.
All appointments will follow the University procedures for delays/cancellations due to weather or other emergencies.