Academic Success Program
The SAA Academic Success Program was fashioned to provide probationary students more structured and enhanced academic and personal support and accountability.
Through academic coaching and other success initiatives, the Student Retention Coordinator and the Graduate Assistant for Student Success in the Office of Student and Academic Affairs work closely with probationary students as they recover and return to good academic standing with the University and their respective programs.
All students on academic probation are required to meet with the Retention Coordinator or the Graduate Assistant for Student Success for advising sessions.
For questions regarding the Academic Success Program, please contact Ty Lane, Student Retention Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org (703-993-7378), or Talisa Jackson, Graduate Assistant for Student Success at email@example.com (703-993-2080).
Schedule an Appointment
Through the Student Success Collaborative (SSC) appointment scheduler, 30-minute advising sessions are available at Fairfax: Thompson Hall, Suite 2300.
Sign into SSC with your Mason credentials (net ID and password). If signing in for the first time, click "Accept."
- Click on "Get Assistance" (blue box).
- Select your college - College of Education and Human Development (CEHD).
- Select the program of the major or minor you want advising for.
- Select your desired location.
- Fairfax: College of Education and Human Development Student and Academic Affairs (CEHD-SAA)
- Select your advisor (Ty Lane or Talisa Jackson for Retention Advising).
- Select your desired appointment time.
- Click confirm appointment.
If no appointments are available, please continue to check back as new times will open up.
Please make sure you are aware of the time and location when scheduling an appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment please do so through SSC as soon as possible (24 hours minimum notice appreciated) so we my offer that time to another student.
All appointments will follow the University procedures for delays/cancellations due to weather or other emergencies.