College of Education and Human Development - George Mason University
Graduate School of Education - George Mason University

Our Graduate School of Education is the alma mater for one third of teachers and administrators in Northern Virginia’s world-class school systems. Each year, more than 3,000 graduate students enroll in our innovative academic programs, which include advanced study for teachers and school leaders, instructional design and technology, and a renowned PhD in Education program that is among the largest in the country.


School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism - George Mason University

The School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism (SRHT) offers exciting, career-ready majors in dynamic fields such as athletic training, tourism and events management, health and physical education, kinesiology, sport management, and recreation management. SRHT features renowned faculty, cutting-edge research, six laboratories and centers, and a diverse student body of more than 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students each year. Each major requires one or more internship or clinical experiences, ensuring that students graduate not just with a transcript but with a resume that demonstrates their professional aptitude and skills.

Early Alert in the College of Education and Human Development operates under the mission to connect students that are, or may potentially be, confronting barriers to academic success with personnel in the Student and Academic Affairs office who can thus provide more in-depth interventions.

We encourage you to please submit an Early Alert below if you have observed a student display:

  • Excessive tardiness or absence from a course.
  • Inactivity in the course Blackboard page.
  • Failure to submit assignments.
  • Notable lack of engagement or participation in class and/or discussion.
  • Zeros or F’s on assignments that may prevent future success in the course.

Please note that if you are concerned about the well-being or safety of a student (not concerning their academics) it may be more appropriate to make a referral to the Student Support and Advocacy Center. Please visit their website at for more information.