PhD, Indiana University, Bloomington
Center for Social Equity Through Science Education
Phone: (703) 993-1718
Fax: (703) 993-2013
Email: mcallcum (@gmu.edu)
George Mason University
West Building 2204
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Dr. Call-Cummings is an Assistant Professor of Qualitative Methodology in the College of Education and Human Development at George Mason University. She specializes in critical, participatory, and feminist methodologies.
- Critical, Feminist, Qualitative methodologies
- Participatory Action Research and Youth Participatory Action Research
- Narrative methodologies
- Research in schools/with youth/with communities on issues that are of concern for youth, teachers, parents, administrators, communities, etc.
- Creation, implementation, and evaluation of local- and school-level policies that promote equity, justice, peace, understanding.
- Working with historically marginalized and/or underserved people
Courses Taught This Semester
Other Courses Taught
- Problems and Methods in Education Research (EDRS 810)
- Advanced Applications of Qualitative Methods (EDRS 822)
- Narrative Inquiry (EDRS 836)
- Special Topics in Research Methods (EDRS 897)
- Independent Study for the Doctor of Philosophy in Education (EDUC 897)
- Doctoral Dissertation Proposal (EDUC 998)
- Doctoral Dissertation Research (EDUC 999)