Phone: (703) 993-5251
Fax: (703) 993-3678
George Mason University
Finley Building 100B
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Kristy Lee Park is an Assistant Professor in the College of Education and Human Development.
She is a Virginia Licensed Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and holds a teaching licensure in Virginia. Her research interests include Schoolwide Positive Behavior Supports, function-based interventions, and classroom and behavior management. She provides systems coaching to districts and states to support the training and implementation of evidence-based practices in schools.
Hirsch, S.E., MacSuga-Gage, A.S., Park, K.L., & Dillon, S. (2016). A Road map to systematically setting up a group contingency. Beyond Behavior, 25(2), 21-29.
Park, K.L. (2015). Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to Teach. In S. Sennott & S.L. Loman (Eds.), Comprehensive Individualized Curriculum and Instructional Design. Open Access Textbooks. Book 5.
Graff, H.J., Evmenova, A.S., Berkeley, S., & Park, K.L. (2014). Trends in Autism research: A systematic journal analysis, Exceptionality, 22(3), 158-172.
Gable, R.A., Park, K.L., & Scott, T.M. (2014). Functional behavioral assessment and students at risk for or with emotional disabilities: Current issues and considerations. Education and Treatment of Children, 37, 111-135.
Hirn, R.G. & Park, K.L. (2012). Teacher-mediated instructional strategies for students with emotional or behavioral disorders. Beyond Behavior, 22(1), 32-39.
Gable, R.A., Tonelson, S.W., Walker-Bolton, I., Sheth, M., Wilson, C., & Park, K.L. (2012). Teaching students with Emotional Disabilities: A comparison of knowledge and skills of special education and general education teachers.
Education and Treatment of Children, 35(4), 499-519.
Muscott, M., Pomerleau, T., Park, K.L., Frey, A., Steed, E., Korfage, T. (2011). Setting sail for early learning success: Using Data-based Decision Making process to measure and monitor outcomes in Early Childhood programs.
Kentucky Teacher Educator, 1(1), 23-41.
Frey, A., Park, K.L., Brown-Ferrigno, T., & Korfage, T. (2010). The social validity of program-wide Positive Behavior Support. Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions, 12(4), 222-235.
Miller, M., Fenty, N., Scott, T.M., & Park, K.L (2010). An examination of the effects of social skills instruction in the context of small group reading. Remedial and Special Education, 32(5), 371-381. doi: 10.1177/0741932510362240
Park, K.L. & Scott, T.M. (2009). Antecedent-based interventions for young children at-risk for Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. Behavioral Disorders, 34, 196-212.
Park, K.L. (2007). Facilitating effective team-based Functional Behavior Assessments in typical school settings. Beyond Behavior, 17, 21-31.
Scott, T.M., Park, K.L., Swain-Bradway, J., & Landers, E. (2007). Positive behavior support in the classroom: Facilitating behaviorally inclusive learning environments. International Journal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy,3,
Courses Taught This Semester
Other Courses Taught
- Classroom Management and Applied Behavior Analysis (EDSE 402)
- Applying Behavior Analysis in School and Community Settings (EDSE 462)
- Ethical and Professional Conduct in Applied Behavior Analysis (EDSE 464)
- Internship in Applied Behavior Analysis (EDSE 490)
- Intensive Applied Behavior Analysis Practicum (EDSE 499)
- Classroom Management and Applied Behavior Analysis (EDSE 502)
- Characteristics of Students with Disabilities who Access the General Curriculum (EDSE 540)
- Special Education Research (EDSE 590)
- Applied Behavior Analysis: Principles, Procedures, and Philosophy (EDSE 619)
- Applied Behavior Analysis: Empirical Bases (EDSE 621)
- Applied Behavior Analysis: Assessments and Interventions (EDSE 623)
- Applied Behavior Analysis: Applications (EDSE 624)
- Applied Behavior Analysis: Verbal Behavior (EDSE 625)
- Ethical and Professional Conduct for Behavior Analysis (EDSE 664)
- Families of Children with Special Needs (EDSE 665)
- Internship: Special Education in General Curriculum (EDSE 783)
- Internship in Special Education (EDSE 790)