Dr. Jatin P. Ambegaonkar
PhD, University of North Carolina Greensboro
Associate Dean for Research, CEHD Office of Research Development
Athletic Training Education Program
Sports Medicine Assessment Research and Testing (S.M.A.R.T.) Laboratory
Phone: (703) 993-2123
Fax: (703) 993-2025
Email: jambegao (@gmu.edu)
George Mason University
Science and Technology Campus
Katherine G. Johnson Hall 201F
10890 George Mason Circle
Manassas, VA 20110
Dr. Jatin P. Ambegaonkar, Ph.D. AT OT CSCS FIADMS is a Professor in the School of Kinesiology, College of Education and Human Development at George Mason University.
He works with people to help them perform better, reduce their injury risk, and improve their overall health using research and evidence-based translational approaches that combine laboratory and community engagement.
Dr. Ambegaonkar is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Dance Medicine & Science, serves on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Athletic Training, and is a reviewer for over 25 different professional journals. He serves as a board director for the International Association for Dance Medicine & Science (IADMS) and has chaired its Research Committee. He also serves on the Executive Board of the Hylton Performing Arts Center and chairs its Education Committee.
Dr. Ambegaonkar is the founding co-director of the Sports Medicine Assessment Research & Testing (SMART) Laboratory, which focuses on injury prevention, neuromechanical assessment, concussions, and sports performance across the lifespan. He has published over 80 articles and given over 150 regional, national, and international conference presentations.
He is a co-editor of Research Methods in the Dance Sciences: https://tinyurl.com/mry5zysv, a pioneering textbook in the Dance Medicine and Science field.
Dr. Ambegaonkar has secured over $ 6.4 million in funds over 30 different grants from multiple sponsors including federal, state, professional organizations, and local foundations e.g., National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Americans for the Arts (AFTA), and Virginia Department of Health (VDH) in collaboration with faculty colleagues.
Professionally, Dr. Ambegaonkar is a Certified Athletic Trainer, Certified Strength, and Conditioning Specialist, and Occupational Therapist.
Performing Artists & Dancers | Kinesiology - Movement | Athletics and Sport | Health-related Quality of Life, Balance, and Falls in Older Adults | Physical Activity | Biosensors | Injury Risk and Epidemiology | Rehabilitation | Community Care
My professional career is rooted in working to assist underserved populations. After graduating with my bachelor’s degree in India, I worked at the Paraplegic Foundation as Occupational therapist. Working with this population, I realized that I wanted to learn more about how to work with the movement sciences (Kinesiology) and thus came to the US for graduate studies and worked on my master’s degree in Sport Injury Prevention & Management/Athletic Training. I then completed my doctoral degree in Exercise and Sport Science/Sports Medicine. During my doctoral work, my graduate assistantship allowed me to implement and deliver a healthcare program for dancers and performing artists – an underserved subset of the physically active population. This experience was challenging yet fulfilling and led me toward my scholarship and service in working with underserved populations across the lifespan and using my Kinesiology, movement science, and wellness expertise to serve them.
My research vision can be summed up as "Arts and Health for the Physically Active, Physical Activity for Health and Artists."
In my career thus far, I have worked with in both laboratory and community settings using translational research paradigms to serve individuals across the lifespan in our Sports Medicine Assessment Research and Testing (SMART) Laboratory, which I co-founded in 2006. I have collaborated with colleagues to help community-dwelling older adults reduce their falls risk via the POISED (Precision Outreach Intervention, Screening, Surveillance and Exercise for Falls Prevention) and improve their physical and mental outcomes using arts-based intervention programs with federal National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) support. Through the Supporting Healthy Arts Research (SHARe) Consortium that I founded in 2017, I have served dancers and athletes in the laboratory, dance studios, and in the athletic fields and courts using a multidisciplinary lens to reduce their injury risk and enhance their performance. Via the ACHIEVES (Advancing Healthcare Initiatives for Underserved Students) project, we have and continue to provide free athletic training healthcare to underserved students in Prince William County. Working alongside physical education faculty, we have delivered technology-based assessments in school-age students in underprivileged schools to examine their physical activity with the aim of addressing the childhood obesity epidemic.
Overall, all these efforts have allowed me to interface with scholars across disciplines to serve underserved populations. I have learned from these scholars, and participants and enjoy working with them. In the future, I plan to continue working to collectively improve health and wellness in people across the lifespan.
BOOKS AND BOOK CHAPTERS
- Welsh, T, Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Mainwaring L. Eds. (2023) Research Methods in the Dance Sciences 1st Edition University of Florida Press, FL ISBN-13: 978-0813069548
* Student Mentoring or Senior Author
- Wiese K, Martin J., & Ambegaonkar J.P., (In Press) Impact of attentional focus on dancers’ performance: a critically appraised topic Journal of Sports Rehabilitation
- Estep, A., Morrison, S., Caswell S.V., Ambegaonkar, J.P., Vaz, J. R, & Cortes, N. (In Press) Multifactorial exercise intervention decreases falls risk in high- and low-risk older adults Sports Health
- Dhokai, N. Matto H, Ihara E, Tompkins C, Caswell S, Cortes N, Davis R, Coogan S, Fauntroy V, Glass E, Lee M, Baraneicki-Zwil G, & Ambegaonkar, J. P. (In Press) Community arts programming supports personal growth in older adults J Aging Studies
- Henn E., Smith T., Ambegaonkar J.P., Wyon M., Lanza: (In Press) Spinal counts, impact, and partnering movements in ballet, modern, and hip hop dance: a youtube video analysis study J Dance Medicine & Science
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Cavanagh CM, Ambegaonkar S., Hansen-Honeycutt J, Caswell SV & Martin J (2023) Dancers’ physical fitness across their four-year collegiate programs: a prospective analysis J Functional Morphol Kinesiol 8, 98
- Fauntroy V, Stork A, Hansen-Honeycutt J, Deu R, Klee H, Martin J & Ambegaonkar J.P., (2023) Sleep, dance exposure hours, and injury risk in collegiate dancers J Dance Medicine & Science 27(2):92-98
- Coogan S , Dhokai N, Baraneicki-Zwil G, Glass E, & Ambegaonkar, J P. (2023) Motivation and determinants for successful engagement among community-dwelling older adults participating in a ballroom dance program. J Dance Education 47, 160–168
- Martin, J., Toczko, M., Locke, E., McCarthy, R., Milani, I., Barrios, N., Koutoubi,S., Ambegaonkar J.P., Dhokai N., & Boolani A. (2023) Influence of grit on physical activity, sitting time and dietary behaviors: a multi-study Psychology of Sustainability and Sustainable Development 15(2): 211
- Ambegaonkar J.P., Matto H, Ihara E, Tompkins C, Caswell SV, Cortes N, Davis R, Coogan S, Fauntroy V, Glass E, Lee M, Baraniecki-Zwil G, & Dhokai N. (2022) Dance, music, and social conversation program participation positively affects physical and mental health in community-dwelling older adults: a randomized controlled trial J Dance Medicine & Science 26(4), 255-264.
- Henn, E., Smith T, Ambegaonkar, J.P., & Wyon MA (2022) Perceived severity and management of low back pain in adult dancers in the united states J Dance Medicine & Science 26(3):173-180.
- Wyon MA, Reeve, E., Ambegaonkar, J.P., Clarke F, & Davies, P. (2022) Does past experience affect balance in older women: retired dancers versus age-matched controls? Ageing International 47, 160–168
- Kim H, Song KH, Ambegaonkar J.P, Chung S, Jeon K, Jiang F, Eom JJ, & Kim C (2022) Two-megahertz impedance index prediction equation for appendicular skeletal muscle mass in Korean older people BMC Geriatrics, 22, 385
- Ambegaonkar J.P., Chong L, & Joshi P (2021) Supplemental training in dancers: A systematic review Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Clinics of North America;32(1):117-135
- Ambegaonkar J.P.,& Brown AF (2021) Nutrition periodization in dancers. Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Clinics of North America;32(1):65-73
- Matto H, Ihara, E, Tompkins C, McNeil K, Lopez-Piper A, Eber, M, Dhokai N, Davis R, Cortes N, Caswell S, Coogan S, Fauntroy V, & Ambegaonkar, J. P. (2021) A novel participant-empowered pedagogical approach to engage and retain control group participants in arts-based randomized controlled trials Families in Society 102(4):529-537
- Coogan, S., Hansen-Honeycutt J, Fauntroy V, & Ambegaonkar J.P. (2021) Upper body strength-endurance and power norms in healthy collegiate dancers: a 10-year prospective study J Strength and Conditioning Research 35(6):1599-1603
- Vesely, C K, Baily, S, Klee H, Woltz, S, & Ambegaonkar J.P., (2021) What gets measured gets done: identifying and organizing diversity, equity and inclusion (dei) data needs at a large diverse public university Inside Higher Education, September 9, 2021
- Coogan SM, Schock C, Hansen-Honeycutt J, Caswell SV, Cortes N & Ambegaonkar J.P, (2020) Functional Movement Screen™ (FMS™) scores do not predict overall or lower extremity injury risk in collegiate dancers International J of Sports Physical Therapy 15(6): 1029–1035
- Kozai A. & Ambegaonkar J.P, (2020) Creating health literacy in the collegiate dancer: provision and perceptions of health-related information education in university dance programs J Dance Medicine & Science 24(3):118-125
- Henn, E., Smith T, Ambegaonkar, J.P., & Wyon MA. (2020) Low back pain & injury in ballet, modern, & hip-hop dancers: Systematic Literature Review International J of Sports Physical Therapy 15(5): 671–687
- Joshi P, Fauntroy V, Coogan S, Ambegaonkar, S., & Ambegaonkar, J P., (2020) Physical activity in female adolescent dancers during studio-based ballet dance classes, International J of Physical Education 57(4) 25–35
- Sheth, S, Fauntroy, V., & Ambegaonkar J.P. (2020) Physical activity in kathak dance: Loud Applause 3(2):4-9
- Fauntroy, V., Nolton, E., & Ambegaonkar J.P. (2020) Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQoL) outcome measures used in dance: a systematic review International J Sports Physical Therapy 15(3):333-343
- Lee J, Wildehain, R, Martin J., & Ambegaonkar J.P.,(2020) Effects of a 4-week supplemental plyometrics or balance training program on lower body power, balance, and reaction time in collegiate basketball athletes: a randomized control trial; Turkish J of Sports Medicine 56(1) 5-12
- Jeon KC, Kim S, Jiang F L, Chung S, Ambegaonkar J.P, Park J, Kim Y, Kim C (2020) Prediction equations of the multifrequency standing and supine bioimpedance for appendicular skeletal muscle mass in Korean older people International J Environmental Research and Public Health 17, 5847; doi:10.3390/ijerph17165847
- Brezinski, T., Martin, J, & Ambegaonkar J.P., (2020) Prospective injury epidemiology in competitive collegiate club sports, quidditch & ultimate frisbee, Athletic Training & Sports Health Care 13(3): 111-116
- Pope J, Helwig K., Morrison S., Estep A., Caswell, S., Ambegaonkar, J.P & Cortes, (2019) N. Multifactorial exercise and dance-based interventions are effective in reducing falls risk in community-dwelling older adults: a comparison study Gait & Posture 70:370-375
- Aquino J, Amasay T. & Ambegaonkar, J.P., (2019) Lower extremity biomechanics and muscle activity differ between “new” and “dead” pointe shoes in professional ballet dancers Sports Biomechanics Jan 31:1-12.
- Kerr Z., Cortes, N., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, A. M, Prebble, M., Hallsmith, K. R., & Caswell, S.V. (2019) The epidemiology of injuries in middle school football, 2015-2017: The ACHIEVES Project American J Sports Medicine 47(4):933-941
- Fauntroy V., Fyock M, Hansen-Honeycutt J, & Ambegaonkar, J.P. (2019) Using the selective functional movement assessment (SFMA) to evaluate dancers’ functional limitations and dysfunctions: a critical appraisal of the topic J of Sports Rehabilitation 19:1-6
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Pierce, C., Cortes, N., Marttinen, R., & Caswell, S. (2018). Physical activity and enjoyment during Dance-focused physical education classes in middle school girls. International J of Physical Education, 55(4), 23–34.
- Ambegaonkar, J.P., Caswell, S. V. Cortes, N. & Wyon, M. (2018) Single Leg Hop distance but not vertical jump height predicts injury incidence in female collegiate dancers J of Strength and Conditioning Research 32(7):2018-2024
- Hansberger BL, Slater L, Hart JM, & Ambegaonkar, J.P., (2018) Peak lower extremity landing kinematics in dancers and non-dancers J Athletic Training 53(4):379-385
- Ambegaonkar, J.P., Caswell, S. V. & Cortes, N. (2018) Lower extremity horizontal work, vertical power, and balance are related, but only horizontal work predicts balance in female collegiate dancers J Dance Medicine & Science 22(2):75-80
- Nolton, E A. & Ambegaonkar, J.P., (2018) Recognizing and managing snapping hip syndrome in dancers to decrease the risk of concomitant issues Medical Problems of Performing Artists 33(4) 286-291
- Popovic T., Caswell S, Benjaminse, A, Siragy, T., Ambegaonkar, J.P., & Cortes, N. (2018) Effects of reduced relative implicit and explicit feedback on lower extremity jump-landing mechanics: a preliminary analysis J Experimental Orthopedics 5(1):12
- Romm KE, Ambegaonkar J.P., Caswell A.M., Cortes N, Parham C, Kerr, Z., Broshek, D., & Caswell S.V. (2018) School Teachers and Administrators differ in their perceptions of concussions, management, and implementation of return-to-learn (RTL) guidelines J of School Health; 88(11):813-820.
- Estep, A., Morrison, S., Caswell S.V., Ambegaonkar, J.P., & Cortes, N. (2018) Differences in pattern of variability for lower extremity kinematics between walking and running Gait & Posture 60:111-115.
- Kerr Z., Cortes, N, Caswell, A. M., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Hallsmith, K. R., Milbert, F. & Caswell, S.V. (2017) Concussion rates in United States middle school athletes American J of Preven Medicine, 53(6) 914-918
- Ambegaonkar, J. P (2017) Weight training for South Asian Dancers, Loud Applause, May
- Ambegaonkar, J.P., Cortes, N., Caswell, S.V., Ambegaonkar, G.P., & Wyon, M. (2016) Lower extremity hypermobility, but not core muscle endurance influences balance in female collegiate dancers. International J Sports Physical Therapy, 11(2), 220-229
- James, J., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, S. V., Onate, J., & Cortes, N., (2016) Analyses of landing mechanics in Division I athletes using the landing error scoring system. Sports Health 8(2) 182-86
- Shimokochi, Y., Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Meyer E., (2016) Changing sagittal plane body positions influences tibiofemoral forces and noncontact anterior cruciate ligament injury risk during single-leg landing. J Athletic Training 51(9) 669-681
- Caswell S.V., Ausborn A., Diao G., Johnson D.C., Johnson T.S., Atkins R., Ambegaonkar J.P., & Cortes N. (2016) Anthropometrics, physical performance, and injury characteristics of youth American football. Orthopedic J Sports Medicine 4(8) doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2016.08.084
- Ambegaonkar, J.P. Mettinger, L., Burtt, A., Caswell, S.V., Ambegaonkar, S. J. & Cortes, N. Hip strength, balance, and risk of ACL injury (2015) Lower Extremity Review, June, 51-61.
- Caswell, S. V., Cortes, N., Chabolla, M., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, A.M., & Brenner, J., (2015) Preparticipation physical evaluation policies & cardiovascular screening differ among states.Pediatrics135(1)26-32.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, A. M., Kenworthy, K., Cortes, N. & Caswell, S. V., (2014) Lumbar lordosis in female collegiate gymnasts and dancers Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 29(4) 189-92
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., (2014) Encouraging upper body fitness training for dancers, (2014) The IADMS Bulletin for Teachers, 5(1) 11-12
- Cortes, N., Porter, L.D., Ambegaonkar, J.P., & Caswell, S. (2014). Postural stability does not differ among female sports with high risk of anterior cruciate ligament injury. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 29(4) 216-20.
- McCabe T.R., Ambegaonkar J. P., Wyon M, Redding E. (2014) Extension Neck Injury in Female DanceSport Competitors International J of Athletic Training and Therapy. 19(3) 32-36
- McCabe T.R., Ambegaonkar J. P., Redding E., Wyon M, (2014) Fit to dance survey: A comparison with DanceSport injuries. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 29(2) 102-110.
- Ambegaonkar, J.P. Mettinger, L., Burtt, A., Caswell, S.V., & Cortes, N. (2014) Relationships among core endurance, hip strength, and balance in collegiate female athletes. International J of Sports Physical Therapy 9(5) 605-16
- Cortes, N., Greska, E., Ambegaonkar J.P., Kollock, R.O., Caswell, S.V., & Onate, J. A. (2014) Knee kinematics is altered post-fatigue while performing a crossover task. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 22(9) 2202-8
- Caswell, S. V., York, M., Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Cortes, (2014) Neck strengthening and concussion risk reduction in youth sport International of Athletic Training and Therapy 19(6) 22-27
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, S. V., Winchester, J., Shimokochi, Y., Cortes, N., & Caswell, A. M. (2013) Balance comparisons between female dancers and active non-dancers. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport 84(1) 24-29.
- McCabe T.R., Wyon M, Ambegaonkar J. P., Redding E. (2013) A bibliographic review of medicine and science research in DanceSport. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 28(2) 70-79.
- Cortes, N. C., Greska, E., Kollock, R., Ambegaonkar, J. P. & Onate J. (2013) Changes in lower extremity biomechanics due to a short-term fatigue protocol. J Athletic Training 48(3) 306-13.
- Shimokochi, Y., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Lee, S. Y., Meyer E., & Shultz, S. J. (2013) Changing sagittal plane body position during single-leg landings influences the risk of non-contact anterior cruciate ligament injury Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 21(4) 888-97.
- Gordon, A., Ambegaonkar, J. P. & Caswell S.V. (2013) Relationships among core strength, hip external rotator muscle strength, and star excursion balance test scores in female lacrosse players. International J of Sports Physical Therapy 8(2) 97-104.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Cortes, N., & Ambegaonkar, S. J. (2012) Ankle braces and athletic performance, Lower Extremity Review, June, 51-61.
- Krasnow, D., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Wilmerding, G., Stecyk, S., Koutedakis, Y. & Wyon, M., (2012) Electromyographic comparison of grand battement devant at the barre, in the center, and traveling. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 27(3) 143-156.
- Rickman, A., Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Cortes, N. (2012) Core stability and injuries: implications for dancers. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 27(3) 159-165.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, S. V., Winchester, J. B., Caswell, A. M. & Andre, M. (2012) Upper-body muscular endurance in female university-level modern dancers: a pilot study. J Dance Medicine & Science. 16(1) 3-7.
- Bowles, C., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Cortes, N., & Caswell S. V. (2012) Footwear for distance runners: The minimalism trend. International J of Athletic Training and Therapy. 17(4) 14-18.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, S. V., & Caswell, A. M. (2012) Relationships of approved clinical instructors’ evaluations of athletic training student clinical performance and grade point average. Athletic Training Education J 7(4) 152-56.
- Jones, M. T., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Nindl, B. C., Smith, J., & Headley, S. A. (2012) Effects of unilateral and bilateral lower-body heavy resistance exercise on muscle activity and testosterone responses. J of Strength and Conditioning Research. 26(4) 1094-1100.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Shultz, S. J., Perrin, D. H., Schmitz, R. J., Ackerman, T. A., & Schulz, M. R. (2011) Lower body stiffness and muscle activity differences between female dancers and basketball players during drop jumps. Sports Health, 3(1) 89-96.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Redmond, C., Winter, C., Cortes, N., Ambegaonkar, S. J., Guyer, S., & Thompson, B. (2011) Effects of ankle stabilizers on vertical jump, agility, and dynamic balance performance. Foot Ankle Specialist 4(6) 366-372.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Caswell, S. V. (2011) Development and implementation of an in-house healthcare program for university-level performing artists. Work. 40(3) 261-268.
- Krasnow, D., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Stecyk, S., Wilmerding, G., Wyon, M., & Koutedakis, Y. (2011) Development of a dynamometer anchoring system for collection of maximal voluntary isometric contractions in biomechanics research on dancers. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 26(4) 185-194.
- Long, A. S., Ambegaonkar, J. P. & Fahringer, P. M. (2011) Injury reporting rates and injury concealment patterns differ between high-school cirque performers and basketball players. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 26(4) 200-205.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Shultz, S. J., & Perrin, D. H. (2011) A subsequent movement alters lower extremity muscle activity and kinetics in drop jumps versus drop landings. J of Strength and Conditioning Research 25(10) 2781-2788.
- Snyder J. G., Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Winchester, J. B. (2011) Efficacy of cryotherapy in treating delayed onset muscle soreness. International J of Athletic Training and Therapy 16(4) 28-32
- Magness, S., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, S. V & Jones, M. (2011) Lower extremity stress fractures in runners: risk factors and preventive interventions. International J of Athletic Training & Therapy 16(4) 11-15.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Shultz, S. J. (2010) Changing filtering parameters affects lower extremity pre-landing muscle activation onset times. Isokinetics and Exercise Science, 18(3) 125-132.
- Brazen, D. M., Todd, M. K., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Wunderlich, R., & Peterson, C. (2010) The effect of fatigue on landing biomechanics in single-leg landings. Clinical J Sports Medicine, 20 286-292.
- Caswell, S. V., Ambegaonkar, J P., & Caswell, A. M. (2010) Examination of personality traits in athletic training students. Athletic Therapy Today 15(6) 37-40.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P. (2009) Future directions in dance medicine and science research (part 2): Athletic training, International Association for Dance Medicine and Science Newsletter, 16(4), 2-4.
- Caswell, S. V., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Caswell, A. M., & Gould, T. E. (2009). Antecedents of ethical decision making: intercollegiate sporting environments as clinical education and practice settings. J Allied Health, 38(1) 39-46.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., Shultz, S. J., Perrin, D. H., & Schulz, M. R. (2009) Anterior cruciate ligament injury in collegiate female dancers. Athletic Therapy Today, 14(4) 13-16.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Caswell, S. V. (2009). Dance program administrators’ perceptions of athletic training services. Athletic Therapy Today, 14(3) 17-19.
- Sides, S. N., Ambegaonkar, J. P., & Caswell, S. V. (2009) High incidence of shoulder injuries in collegiate modern dance students. Athletic Therapy Today, 14(4) 43-46.
- Shultz, S. J., Shimokochi, Y., Nguyen, A., Ambegaonkar, J. P., Schmitz, R. J., Beynnon, B. D., et al. (2006). Non-weight bearing anterior knee laxity is related to anterior tibial translation during transition from non-weight bearing to weight bearing. J Orthopaedic Research, 24(3) 516-523.
- Ambegaonkar, J. P. (2005). Dance medicine: at the university level. Dance Research J, 37(2) 113-119.
- Medical and Scientific Terminology (ATEP 201)
- Physical Assessment of the Lower Body (ATEP 250)
- Clinical Techniques I: Physical Assessment of the Lower Body (ATEP 255)
- Physical Assessment of the Upper Body (ATEP 260)
- General Medical Conditions and Pharmacology in Physically Active Populations (ATEP 270)
- Functional Anatomy (ATEP 300)
- Advanced Functional Anatomy (ATEP 310)
- Therapeutic Interventions Foundations (ATEP 320)
- Lower Body Physical Assessment (ATEP 340)
- Athletic Training Clinical Techniques 1 (ATEP 345)
- Practicum III: Therapeutic Modalities (ATEP 356)
- Pathopharmacology (ATEP 400)
- Senior Seminar in Athletic Training (ATEP 441)
- Practicum 5 Professional Integration (ATEP 456)
- Athletic Training Research (ATEP 480)
- Independent Study in Athletic Training (ATEP 499)
- Advanced Functional Anatomy (ATEP 510)
- Pathopharmacology (ATEP 600)
- Athletic Training Organization & Professional Responsibility (ATEP 680)
- Independent Study for the Doctor of Philosophy in Education (EDUC 897)
- Prevention, Recognition, and Management of Fitness Related Injuries (EFHP 526)
- Special Topics (EFHP 598)
- Independent Study EFHP (EFHP 599)
- Movement and Fitness Assessment (EFHP 611)
- Research Methods for Applied Kinesiology (EFHP 620)
- Scientific Communications Seminar (EFHP 690)
- Project (EFHP 798)
- Thesis (EFHP 799)
- Careers in the Academy Seminar (EFHP 820)
- Doctoral Seminar in Exercise, Fitness, and Health Promotion (EFHP 840)
- Critical Perspectives in Exercise, Fitness, and Health Promotion (EFHP 860)
- Nutrition (HEAL 330)
- Principles of Human Nutrition (KINE 320)
- Independent Study in Kinesiology (KINE 499)
- Special Topics (KINE 500)
- Independent Study (KINE 501)
- Research Experience II (KINE 891)