Dr. Alan Sturrock
Ed.D., Harvard Graduate School of Education
Phone: (703) 993-4256
Fax: (703) 993-3643
Email: asturro1 (@gmu.edu)
George Mason University
Thompson Hall 1300H
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
Born and educated in Scotland [of a Scots-Irish family], Alan was "called" to teach and has taught in Scotland, Argentina and the United States in both public and private schools.
A strong advocate of servant leadership, he has been privileged to serve educational organizations across these three same continents in a myriad of roles: [i] Graduate Teaching Assistant; [ii] Language Arts Supervisor [K-8]; [iii] Director of English and Drama [K -12]; [iv] Chair of Liberal Arts [New England Conservatory of Music]; and latterly as an Elementary Principal [K - 8] in Illinois, New York State and Maryland.
Alan joined the College of Education and Human Development in 2001 as an adjunct teacher and has [truthfully] never met a class that he hasnt enjoyed teaching and learning with—to paraphrase the words of a recent Temple University professor: "..good teaching is the process of assisting in the art of discovery.."
- Leading Schools and Communities (EDLE 610)
- Contemporary Issues in Education Leadership (EDLE 634)
- Adult Motivation and Conflict Management in Education Settings: A Case Study Approach (EDLE 636)
- Internship in Educational Leadership (EDLE 791)
- Instructional Leadership-Curriculum Policy and Practice (EDLE 816)