College of Education and Human Development
You're Invited! The Color of My Writing: Reflections on Race, Sport, and American Culture
August 22, 2016
Friday, Oct. 14 • 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Fairfax Campus • Merten Hall, Room 1201
Cost: $5 – includes dessert reception
College of Education and Human Development Professor David K. Wiggins has focused much of his research on the interconnection among race, sport, and American culture. Dr. Wiggins’s most recent book, DC Sports: The Nation’s Capital at Play has met with wide acclaim. He also serves as a consultant to the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture.
Together with Mark R. Ginsberg, Dean of the College of Education and Human Development, all alumni, faculty, students, colleagues, and friends are invited to a lively and thought-provoking conversation that will focus on the history and ethical issues surrounding African American participation in sport.
A reception will follow.
Questions about this event? Please contact Lindsey Campbell in the College of Education and Human Development via email at email@example.com.
- This special event is presented by George Mason University's College of Education and Human Development and the Office of Alumni Relations.
- General proceeds from this event will support the Dean’s Excellence Fund.
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The program will start at 7:00 p.m., with a dessert reception afterward.
- Please register early, as space is limited.
- We look forward to seeing you!
Check out GMU's Alumni events »