College of Education and Human Development
Meet More Than 40 Employers at Education Recruitment Day – March 18, Dewberry Hall
March 17, 2015
George Mason University students and alumni are invited to attend the Education Recruitment Day job fair on Wednesday, March 18 and meet with more than 40 education employers looking to hire throughout the Washington region.
Representatives will be on hand to provide hiring information and to offer immediate interviews.
The Education Recruitment Day event will take place from 9 am to 11:30 am on Wednesday, March 18 in Dewberry Hall at the Johnson Center on the Fairfax campus. If mutual interest is established, on-site interviews can be arranged for the afternoon.
This is a particularly good opportunity to line up jobs and next steps for students who are near the end of their degree or certificate programs.
Below is a list of employers who will be on hand. If you are unable to attend, recruitment materials from Education Recruitment Day will be set up in the lobby of Thompson Hall in the afternoon.
- Albemarle County Public Schools
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Alternative Paths Training School
- Arlington County Public Schools
- Autism Outreach, Inc.
- Baltimore County Public Schools
- Bishop Ireton High School
- Bishop O'Connell High School
- CentroNia and DC Bilingual Public Charter School
- Charles County Public Schools
- City of Charlottesville (City Govt)
- Corpus Christi School
- Cortona Academy
- DC Preparatory Academy
- DC Public Schools
- E.L. Haynes Public Charter School
- Educational Connections
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Fauquier County Public Schools
- Frederick County Public Schools
- Harrisonburg City Public Schools
- Hill Havurah
- Howard County Public School System
- Imagine Hope Community Charter School
- Islamic Saudi Academy
- Ivymount School and Programs
- KinderCare Learning Centers
- Loudoun County Public Schools
- Manassas City Public Schools
- Manassas Park City Schools
- Northeast Stars Montessori
- Paul VI Catholic High School
- Prince William County Schools
- St. Coletta of Greater Washington
- St. Theresa School
- Stafford County Public Schools
- U.S. Peach Corps
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools
- Virginia Troops to Teachers
- Winchester Public Schools
More information about the employers and which positions they have available are on the Education Recruitment Day website.
"This is one of our biggest events of the year," says Christine Cruzvergara, director of University Career Services. "Interested students and alumni are encouraged to attend even if they are not currently looking for a job. The event offers valuable practice in talking with employers and asking about skills and qualifications."
George Mason University's College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) includes two schools: the Graduate School of Education, one of the most comprehensive education schools in Virginia, and the School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism. CEHD offers a full range of courses, certificates, and degree programs on campus, online, and on site to more than 4,000 students each year. CEHD is fully accredited by NCATE, and all licensure programs are approved by the Virginia Department of Education. George Mason University, located just outside of Washington, D.C., is Virginia's largest public research university.
For additional information:
To receive an e-mail with each day's news updates, click here to subscribe to the CEHD news feed.