Educator Preparation Office
The College of Education and Human Development’s Educator Preparation Office (EPO) works across all programs to support the teaching, assessment and service mission of the college.
EPO provides a broad range of services, including but not limited to: regional school division outreach, partnership development, placement of CEHD students for clinical practice experiences, licensure of education preparation students, Virginia Department of Education licensure requirements and regulations, hiring of university supervisors, processing of honorarium payments, and managing electronic data systems related to clinical experience and licensure.
The Clinical Practice Specialist works in conjunction with academic programs and school partners around Northern Virginia to coordinate clinical practice placements (field experience and internships) for students enrolled in licensure programs at the university.
The Licensure Specialist works with academic programs, students and school divisions to assist students enrolled in licensure program within CEHD to obtain their teaching license through the Virginia Department of Education.
- I want learn more about field experience placement.
- I want to learn more about applying for internship placement.
- I want to learn more about the licensure process for CEHD’s educator preparation programs.
Mentor Teachers, Advanced Mentor Teachers, and Site Facilitators:
- I want to learn more about hosting a Mason teacher candidate.
- I want to access resources including mentor teacher handbooks and internship forms