These externally-funded projects are designed to enhance teaching practices, advance international and intercultural understanding, explore the nature of international education, and promote equity worldwide.
The Center for International Education has received a number of competitively-awarded grants from a variety institutions, including the Longview Foundation, the U.S. State Department, and the British Council.
Externally Funded Projects
- Global Online Courses and Massive Open Online Courses Project - (2018) Dr. Joan Kang Shin
- Center for Advanced Proficiency in English - (2016-2018) Dr. Joan Kang Shin
- Collaboration for Faculty Excellence in Teaching and Research – Dr. Rebecca Fox (2015-2017), Dr. Anastasia Samaras (2016-2017), Supriya Baily (2015-2016)
- Global Education Teacher Collaborative – (2013-2014) Drs. April Mattix and Beverly Shaklee
- Teaching Excellence and Achievement Award Program – (2007-2010, 2012-2016) Drs. Farnoosh Shahrokhi and Supriya Baily
- DelPHE, Quality Education and Quality Assurance for Education in Kurdistan – (2010-2011) Dr. Anne Schiller
- Greek Teacher Professional Development Project – (2010-2011) Drs. Debbie Sprague and Anastasia Kitsantas
- Many Meanings of "Empowerment": A Case Study of Projects to Transform Indonesian Women's Consciousness – (2010-2011) Drs. Supriya Baily, Jessica Heineman-Pieper, and Leslie Dwyer
- U.S. - Russia Teacher Professional Development Project – (2010-2011) Drs. Rebecca Fox and Wendy Frazier
CIE partners with government agencies and institutions of higher education around the world to deliver contract-based, custom-designed professional development programs to international faculty, teachers and administrators.
- Beijing Normal University – (2013) Drs. Mark Ginsberg, Rebecca Fox, and Beverly Shaklee
- NUST Program – (2013) Dr. Eirini Gouleta
- Taiwan Teacher Development Program – (2009-2011) Dr. Rebecca Fox