Guide to Giving
We are a dedicated team prepared to work with you to help you fulfill your philanthropic goals.
Lindsey Campbell ‘09, 12
Assistant Director of Development
Have A Unique Impact
A Major Gift can afford you a unique impact on the mission of CEHD because a Major Gift will fund our highest priorities. Every gift is important and every gift is unique. We will work to advance your goals through your gift's structure and focus.
Current Use and Endowment
When you support CEHD with a Major Gift, your donation may be directed for "current use" or toward an endowment.
Current Use Gifts: these gifts are spent down during a timeframe, typically three to five years.
Endowment Gifts: whether to establish or increase a fund, the principal is managed to generate interest income for funding.
Unrestricted vs. Restricted
Your Major Gift can be designated to support your area of interest, or you may structure your gift without restrictions. Unrestricted gifts provide CEHD's leaders maximum flexibility to address timely needs in the education field. Designated gifts allow our passionate donors to connect their interests with the ongoing work of CEHD faculty and its students.
Legacy gifts represent sustainability for key academic and research programs as well as scholarship funds to help attract and retain students. These gifts provide benefits to future generations of Mason students—and to you and your heirs.
There are several ways to make a gift through your estate plans:
- You can make a gift of cash, securities, real estate, or other property directly to Mason.
- You can designate Mason a specific percentage of your estate.
- You can designate Mason as full or partial beneficiary to your retirement plan or life insurance policy.
- You can designate Mason as the beneficiary of all or part of the remainder of your estate or trust after the payment of estate related expenses and other bequests.
- You can establish a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust with Mason. You can designate Mason as the full or partial beneficiary of an annuity or trust you have established.
All gifts are appreciated and help us remain faithful to our mission. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions! (703) 993-5210