Authors are encouraged to submit proposals that address one or more of the thematic questions below that relate to or extend the symposium’s focus. These thematic questions are designed to inspire inquiry and innovation into the methodological and epistemological roots of research in the field of CIE, as well as drive engaged and deep conversations on comparative methodology in the context of the symposium. If you would like to submit a proposal for a panel or a workshop, please contact the convenors directly. You can email Supriya Baily at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- How might questions concerning the dominant application of positivist epistemologies and research paradigms in the field of CIE draw our attention to problems of exclusion and the reproduction of rigidly unjust hierarchies?
- What sorts of regional efforts have characterized both change and continuity in terms of the research paradigms and methodologies embraced in CIE?
- How might we conceptualize and account for intersectionality in research, policy and practice?
- What are the linkages between research and international education agendas?
- What are the research and policy trends in the area of educational equity?
- How can we better acknowledge and address value pluralism in the context of research, policy and advocacy?
- How do existing power and authority dynamics shape CIE research and practice? How can the field of CIE confront internal and external power and authority dynamics?
- How can the field destabilize and transform knowledge hierarchies through research and practice?
Proposals should not exceed 750 words (excluding the title and references). Individual papers or focused paper sessions may be proposed.
Proposals should include:
- Author/s name, affiliation and contact email
- Objectives and alignment with symposium theme or thematic question
- Theoretical and/or conceptual framework
- Research method/s and evidence
- Results or conclusions
- Significance to policy, practice, and/or research in comparative and international education
Proposal Deadline - May 15, 2017.