- Tom Haggai and Associates Foundation Scholarship in Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- Proof of being a documented career switcher – evidence that you have been employed in a profession outside of education for at least one year or are still currently employed outside of education and making the switch.
- A one page (maximum) statement of financial impact addressing how the scholarship support will make a difference and providing evidence of economic need for the scholarship to continue your education.
- A one to two (1-2) page personal statement sharing why you have chosen to become a teacher, your educational goals, and how your personal and professional goals are consistent with those of the THA Foundation.
- A completed Personal Information Sheet providing contact information, program area, GPA, etc.
- Personal information Sheet
- Faculty recommendation – at least one member of your program’s faculty must submit a written recommendation endorsing your application. (Recommendations may be submitted via email to Afsaneh Ziaee at email@example.com.
- Employer recommendation – letter of support from your current and/or former employer.
**Deadline has been extended to April 4th by 12 noon**
In accordance with the wishes of the THA Foundation, scholarship candidates must include the following in their application packet by April 4th, 2014. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Additional supporting documentation required in the application packet:
Send completed packets to Afsaneh Ziaee. All documents could be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 703-993-2082 or mailed to 4400 University Dr., MS 4B4, Fairfax, VA 22030.
Once again, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) is offering a $2500 scholarship to CEHD students. The scholarship will be awarded to one student for academic purposes, and both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. To apply for this scholarship, please forward the following documents to Afsaneh Ziaee email@example.com by March 6th, 2014. Late submissions will not be considered.
- An unofficial transcript (may be printed from https://patriotweb.gmu.edu/)
- A resume
- A faculty recommendation letter
- A personal statement explaining your academic and/or interest in promoting lifelong learning
The recipient of this scholarship will be invited to attend the OLLI Teacher Appreciation Reception on Wednesday, April 9th from 3:30-5:00pm in the lobby of the Performing Arts Center.
Scholarship Bulletin Board
Other externally funded scholarship opportunities for graduate students are listed on the Scholarship Bulletin Board on the Office on Student Financial aid's web site.